Nigella Lawson’s cauliflower, garlic and turmeric soup
*original recipe here
1 head of garlic
3 tbsp olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
1 cauliflower, broken into florets
1 tsp turmeric
1 large potato, peeled and diced
1.8 pints/1 litre hot vegetable stock (Marigold bouillon powder is fine)
Parsley or coriander, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6. Cut the top off the head of the garlic so that you can just see the tops of the cloves.
- Sit the garlic on a square of foil (shiny side up) and drizzle a small amount of the olive oil over. Pull up the edges of the foil to form a tightly wrapped but baggy parcel and put in the oven for 40 minutes. Remove and allow to cool a little.
- Pour the rest of the oil into a wide saucepan and fry the onion gently for about 10 minutes until softened but not browning. Add the cauliflower and turn in the oily onion. Add the turmeric and keep stirring, then stir in the potato. Cover and cook over a low to medium heat for 10 minutes or so.
- Squeeze in the pulpy, sweet, baked garlic cloves (just squish the head straight into the saucepan), then add the stock. Bring to the boil, lower the heat to a simmer, cover and cook for a further 15 minutes or so.
- Purée in a food processor or blender or, if you like a soup with more texture, just stick a hand-held blender in the pan or bash about with an old-fashioned potato masher. Add freshly chopped parsley or coriander to the bowls as you eat. For extra protein add a blob of crème fraîche or some grated cheese, or serve with cold meats on the side.
Featured Seasonal Products
Want your skin fresh and looking it’s best every season? Check back here where Julie suggests the appropriate Leaf People products to use throughout the year for rejuvenated, vibrant and healthy skin. In addition to our products, Julie shares her favorite seasonal herbs, teas and smoothie recipes. From spring detox to winter restoration, you will never be without your best asset; a radiant, glowing complexion.
Stem Cell & Peptide Radiance Face Cream$30.00 – $64.00 Select optionsNo Reviews
Argan & Aloe Hydrating Hair Mist$30.00 Add to cartNo Reviews
Mini Essentials · Peony Rose Nourishing$50.00 Add to cartNo Reviews
Aromatherapy: Set of 4$85.00 Add to cartNo Reviews
Rosehip Seed Oil with Helichrysum$25.00 Add to cartNo Reviews
Nettle Cucumber Soothing Toner with Hyaluronic Acid$35.00 Add to cartNo Reviews
Kalahari Melon Seed and Vitamin K Face Oil$49.00 – $95.00 Select optionsNo Reviews
Hyaluronic Acid and Apple Stem Cell Hydrating Serum$34.00 – $133.00 Select optionsNo Reviews
Mini Classic · Peony Rose Nourishing$50.00 Add to cartNo Reviews
Complete Peony Rose Nourishing Skin Care Kit$120.00 Add to cartNo Reviews
Myrtle Burdock Rose Nourishing Face Cream$27.00 – $56.00 Select optionsNo Reviews
Himalayan Bath Salt Crystals$18.00 – $28.00 Select optionsNo Reviews