About the Company
…My Guerlain and Estée Lauder have taken a back seat to this fabulous product. It works!…V. Rodman
Our botanically focused skin care products are formulated and manufactured by Medical Herbalist Julie Levin. At our private lab, we integrate cutting edge botanical science with western medical herbalism, creating a truly unique skin care experience. Our products offer a wide array of nutrients, antioxidants and bioactive components from extensively studied medicinal herbs to improve the strength, tone, texture and radiance of the skin. We proudly avoid using any synthetically manufactured ingredients (including glycols, silicones, benzoates, alcohols, disodium EDTA, fragrances and so on) commonly found in department store and spa skin care brands. Plant based nutrients are the most compatible with our bodies and easily absorbed through the skin. By combining this knowledge with our comprehensive experience in herbal medicine, we have created products that provide results you can see, making Leaf People one of the most effective skin care lines on the market today.
Leaf People supports the health of the planet and its inhabitants. We have developed our own strict and environmentally conscious manufacturing standards that often exceed larger commercial facilities and we follow Good Manufacturing Practices.
- We have long-standing, great relationships with our ingredient vendors. All ingredients come from certified organic or biodynamic farms and/or are ethically wild harvested. Essential oils are steam distilled or cold pressed and if imported, they are hand checked to avoid x-ray exposure.
- We have a 12 year relationship with the same non-profit to responsibly source our fair trade certified African oils and shea butter.
- Our packaging contains a mix of FSC (Forest Stewardship Council) certified, post-consumer recycled, recyclable and biodegradable materials with vegetable and water based inks.
- We extract ingredients in our private lab at low temperatures (sub 110 degrees) to preserve vital nutrients and therapeutic properties, with little mechanized processes. No cell phone or computer use is allowed in the lab. We place extra care and attention on retaining the purity and potency of the ingredients as they transition from the whole plant to a Leaf People product.
- 5% of sales are donated to charity. Leaf People is dedicated to giving back through monetary support, donation of time, participation in charitable events and the practice of positive intentions. Here is a list of charities that we support.
- Coming soon: We are currently working on obtaining our USDA organic and other certifications. Currently you can view the ingredients to see which are certified organic, ethically wild harvested, certified herbicide/pesticide free, naturally gluten free and vegan. All products and ingredients are cruelty free.
Protect the plants and the planet. 5% of our sales are donated to charity.
Promote vegetarianism. Julie & Robbie have a combined 65 years of experience living a vegan and vegetarian lifestyle.
Practice kindness. May all beings experience a better world.
Enjoy the outdoors, especially cycling.
Be grateful. It takes a village.